Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- raygne (obsolete)
reign (plural reigns)
- The exercise of sovereign power.
- England prosperred under Elizabeth's reign.
- The period during which a monarch rules.
- The reign of Victoria was a long one.
The exercise of sovereign power
The period during which a monarch rules
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Novial: regiro
- (intransitive) To exercise sovereign power, or to rule as a monarch
- He reigned in an autocratic manner.
exercise sovereign power