Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -æps
- (intransitive) To fall back again.
- He has improved recently but keeps relapsing into states of utter confusion.
- (intransitive, medicine, of a disease) To recur; to worsen, be aggravated.
To fall back again
(medicine) To recur; to worsen
relapse (plural relapses)
- The act or situation of relapsing.
- Alas! from what high hope to what relapse / Unlooked for are we fallen! — Milton.
- (obsolete) One who has relapsed, or fallen back into error; a backslider.
the act or situation of relapsing
- relapse in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- relapse in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- relapse at OneLook Dictionary Search
- vocative masculine singular of relāpsus