Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
sandbag (plural sandbags)
- a bag, filled with sand, that can be used to weigh something down, to make a defensive wall against flooding etc, or as a weapon
a bag filled with sand
- To construct a wall of sandbags (around something).
- (transitive) To strike someone with a sandbag or other object to disable or render unconscious.
- (transitive) To deceive someone by pretending to be weak, or (in cards) to have a weak hand.
- To pretend to drink early on so that as the night draws on one can drink everyone "under the table".