Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
skimmer (plural skimmers)
- A device that skims.
- A person who skims.
- Any of three species of bird in the genus Rynchops of the family Laridae, that feed by skimming the surface of water bodies with their bills in flight.
- Any of several large bivalve shells, sometimes used for skimming milk, such as the sea clams and large scallops.
- A ballet flat shoe.
- black skimmer, Rynchops niger
- African skimmer, Rynchops flavirostris
- Indian skimmer, Rynchops albicollis