Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
sorta (not comparable)
- (informal) Sort of; somewhat; not quite.
- The portraits on the wall aren't so useful, just sorta cool to have around
- 1912, Caspar Whitney, Albert Britt, Outing: Sport, Adventure, Travel, Fiction, Volume 60, page 680,
- 'Webb,' he says sorta sorrowful like, 'it looks like a howlin' shame to have a bang-up American girl hooked up to a money-grubbin' member of the British nobility. […] '
- 1993 July, Sort of a Hero, in Boys' Life, page 34,
- In fact the whole thing sorta backfired on old Chuck — and on me and Pete too. Instead of laughing about it, most people thought it was pretty crummy.
sorta (plural sortsa)
- (colloquial) sort of.
- There's gotta be some sorta explanation.
- 2001, Lawrence A. Wenzel, The Sandcastle at High Tide, page 97,
- He glanced at her then back at me. "What sorta research?"
- "Well, war correspondent might not be too far off," I said.
sorta f (plural sorte)
sȏrta f (Cyrillic spelling со̑рта)
declension of sorta
|genitive||sorte||sȏrtā / sȏrtī|