Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA(key): ˈʃʊ(ə)ɹli/, /ˈʃɔɹli/, /ˈʃɝli/, /ˈʃɔː.li/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: Shirley (in some dialects)
- Without fail.
- slowly but surely
- Certainly, undoubtedly.
- Surely, you must be joking.
- With confidence.
- His feet were planted surely on the ground.
- 1611, King James Version of the Bible, Luke 1:1
- Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us […]
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked: "no gloss provided"