Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To steal or snatch.
- Hey! Who swiped my lunch?
- (transitive) To scan or register by sliding something through a reader.
- He swiped his card at the door.
- (intransitive) To grab or bat quickly.
- The cat swiped at the shoelace.
to slide through a reader
- (countable) A quick grab, bat, or other motion with the hand or paw; A sweep.
- (countable) A strong blow given with a sweeping motion, as with a bat or club.
- (countable, informal) A rough guess; an estimate or swag.
- Take a swipe at the answer, even if you're not sure.
- (uncountable) Poor, weak beer; small beer.