Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From the verb tappaa.
- Hyphenation: tap‧po
- Killing or kill.
- (law) A manslaughter.
- (common language) Voluntary manslaughter under mitigating circumstances.
Declension of tappo (type valo)
- (law): The order of homicidal crimes in current Finnish legislation —by how severe they are considered in Finnish law— is the following with the least aggravated being first:
- 1. kuolemantuottamus ("negligent homicide", involuntary manslaughter)
- Tappo ("manslaughter"), as a legal term, covers also killing and murder in the sense that killing and murder are defined on its basis by mitigating or aggravating circumstances. In common language it is normally used as synonymous to the legal term surma. The confusion is due to the earlier (before 1995) wording of law.
- If negligent homicide is caused by gross neglect, it is called törkeä kuolemantuottamus, "grossly negligent homicide".
tappo m (plural tappi)
- first-person singular present indicative of tappare