Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
topper (plural toppers)
- Something that is on top.
2009 January 26, Cameron Adams, “Sniffer dogs have their Big Day Out”, Herald Sun:
- UK act the Prodigy will headline the Boiler Room, with chart toppers the Ting Tings playing at 2.15pm on the green stage.
- A top hat.
- Something for removing the top of something.
2007 October 14, Amanda Hesser, “2000: Le Bernardin’s Croque-Monsieur”, New York Times:
- The only problem is that the best egg toppers, which are different from egg cutters, are an investment — the Inox professional egg topper is $55 at surlatable.com .
- Something that exceeds those previous in a series, as a joke or prank.
- A single-handed dinghy, 11 foot (3.6 metres) in length, with only one sail.
- Head, chief.
- (dated, slang) A fine or remarkable person.