Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The action of the verb to wash
- (uncountable, chiefly UK, New Zealand) Clothing, bed linen or soft furnishings that have been, are currently being, or are to be washed; laundry.
- My mother used to do the washing on a Monday
- (countable, often in the plural) The residue after an ore, etc, has been washed
- The washings have a higher concentration of metal
- The liquid used to wash an ore.
- A place where a precious metal found in gravel is separated from lighter material by washing.
- the gold-washings, or silver-washings
- (articles that have been or are to be washed): laundry (especially US)
action of the verb "to wash"
textiles that have been or are to be washed
residue after an ore, etc, has been washed
liquid used to wash an ore
- Present participle of wash.