Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also winnings
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪnɪŋ
- Present participle of win.
- Our horse was winning the race, but fell back just before the finish line.
Derived terms 
- That constitutes a win.
- the winning entry in the competition
- the winning lotto numbers
- That leads to success.
- a winning formula, strategy, etc.
- a winning smile
That constitutes a win
winning (plural winnings)
- The act of obtaining something, as in a contest or by competition.
- (chiefly plural) The money, etc., gained by success in competition or contest, especially in gambling.
- Ye seek land and sea for your winnings.
- (mining) A new opening.
- The portion of a coalfield out for working.