Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not to be confused with कि.
From Prakrit किअउं (kiauṃ) and Sanskrit कृतं (kṛtaṃ) (perfect participle neuter of कृ (kṛ, “to do”)).
की • (kī) f (Urdu spelling کی)
- feminine of का (kā):
- belonging to
- राम की बेटी ― rām kī beṭī ― Ram's daughter
- made of, consisting of
- inflection of करना (karnā):
Borrowed from Persian که (ke). Compare Gujarati કે (ke), Hindi कि (ki), Punjabi ਕਿ (ki) / کہ (kh).
की • (kī)
- मला माहीत नव्हते की तू मराठी बोलू शकतोस.
- malā māhīt navhate kī tū marāṭhī bolū śaktos.
- I didn't know that you speak Marathi
- (literally, “I wasn't aware that you can speak Marathi.”)
Inherited from Old Marathi 𑘎𑘲𑘽 (kīṃ), from Maharastri Prakrit 𑀓𑀺𑀁 (kiṃ), 𑀓𑀺 (ki), from Sanskrit किम् (kím, “what, which”). Compare Gujarati કિયું (kiyũ), Hindi कि (ki), Punjabi ਕੀ (kī), Bengali কি (ki), Assamese কি (ki).
की • (kī)
- Berntsen, Maxine, “की”, in A Basic Marathi-English Dictionary, New Delhi: American Institute of Indian Studies, 1982-1983.
- Molesworth, James Thomas (1857), “कीं”, in A dictionary, Marathi and English, Bombay: Printed for government at the Bombay Education Society's Press
- Date, Yasavanta Ramakrshna (1932-1950), “कीं”, in Maharashtra Sabdakosa (in Marathi), Pune: Maharashtra Kosamandala.
- Turner, Ralph Lilley (1969–1985), “kím”, in A Comparative Dictionary of the Indo-Aryan Languages, London: Oxford University Press
Perhaps from Sanskrit कीट (kīṭa)
- Hindi terms derived from Prakrit languages
- Hindi terms inherited from Sanskrit
- Hindi terms derived from Sanskrit
- Hindi terms with IPA pronunciation
- Hindi terms with audio links
- Hindi non-lemma forms
- Hindi postposition forms
- Hindi terms with usage examples
- Hindi verb forms
- Marathi terms with IPA pronunciation
- Marathi terms borrowed from Persian
- Marathi terms derived from Persian
- Marathi lemmas
- Marathi conjunctions
- Marathi terms with usage examples
- Marathi terms inherited from Old Marathi
- Marathi terms derived from Old Marathi
- Marathi terms inherited from Maharastri Prakrit
- Marathi terms derived from Maharastri Prakrit
- Marathi terms inherited from Sanskrit
- Marathi terms derived from Sanskrit
- Marathi particles
- Newar terms derived from Sanskrit
- Newar terms with IPA pronunciation
- Newar lemmas
- Newar nouns
- Newar nouns in Devanagari script