Jump to navigation Jump to search
- teacher, preceptor, master, superior, learned man, father.
- a title or name of Brihaspati, tutor of the Gods, who was the husband of Tāra.
- any venerable man.
- (poetry) A long syllable.
- ఉపాధ్యాయుడు (upādhyāyuḍu)
- గురుకులము (gurukulamu)
From Sanskrit गुरु (guru, “heavy, weighty; heavy in the stomach, difficult to digest; high in degree, vehement, violent, excessive, difficult, hard; valuable, highly prized; venerable, respectable”) + -వు (-vu).
గురువు • (guruvu)
- లఘువు (laghuvu)
- గురుకోణము (gurukōṇamu, “obtuse angle”)