Jump to navigation Jump to search
y ạ k ʂ
y ạ k
ยักษ์ • (yák)
- (mythology) yakṣa, a kind of malevolent supernatural being, often depicted as having supernatural power, great strength, a very large body, and a frightening appearance.
- (mythology) any similar being, such as giant or ogre.
- (figuratively, sometimes derogatory and offensive) person characteristic of a yakṣa, such as one who is malevolent, is ruthless, has extraordinarily great strength, has a very large body, or has a frightening appearance.
- (figuratively, sometimes derogatory and offensive) of, resembling, or characteristic of a yakṣa, such as being malevolent, being ruthless, having great strength, having a very large body, or having a frightening appearance.
- (figuratively) extraordinarily great (in size, quantity, degree, extent, importance, etc).