Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ㅅ • (s)
- 시옷 (siot, “siot”), a jamo (letter) of the alphabet of the Korean writing system, hangeul; the sibilant phoneme (/s/)
In the North Korean order, ㅅ (s) is the seventh jamo, and in the South Korean order the tenth.
- Coordinate terms
-ㅅ- • (-s-)
- The sai-siot (사이시옷), genitive marker sometimes placed between a vowel-final syllable of the first constituent and a syllable of the second constituent when forming compounds.
- 햇빛 (haetbit, “sunlight”) - from 해 (hae, “sun”) + ㅅ + 빛 (bit, “light”)
- 고춧가루 (gochutgaru, “chili pepper flakes”) - from 고추 (gochu, “chili pepper”) + ㅅ + 가루 (garu, “powder, flour”)
- 어젯밤 (eojetbam, “last night”) - from 어제 (eoje, “yesterday”) + ㅅ + 밤 (bam, “night”)
- 나뭇잎 (namunnip, “tree leaf”) - from 나무 (namu, “tree”) + ㅅ + 잎 (ip, “leaf”)