棡 (radical 75, 木+8, 12 strokes, cangjie input 木月廿山 (DBTU), four-corner 47920, composition ⿰木岡)
- KangXi: page 533, character 16
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 14955
- Dae Jaweon: page 921, character 14
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 2, page 1232, character 10
- Unihan data for U+68E1
Phono-semantic compound (形聲): semantic 木 (“tree”) + phonetic 岡 (OC *klaːŋ).
- tall tree
- large tree
- Used in place names.
- 青棡坡 / 青㭎坡 ― Qīnggāngpō ― the name of a place in Guizhou
|For pronunciation and definitions of 棡 – see 扛 (“to lift using both hands; to lift by at least two people; etc.”).|
(This character, 棡, is a variant form of 扛.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text