Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (archaic) A type of refined iron, which was known for its hardness. It was often used in the making of sword blades.
- History of ferrous metallurgy on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:History of ferrous metallurgy#Early Developments in China
- Luo, Guanzhong ((Can we date this quote?)) Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Chapter 1 (in Mandarin/English)
- “New Research on Bin-tie”, in 自然科學史研究 (in Mandarin/English), accessed 2009-05-09
- “Polishing a 2000 year old Han sword...”, in China History Forum, Chinese History Forum (in English), accessed 2009-05-09