鯎 (radical 195 魚+7, 18 strokes, cangjie input 弓火戈竹尸 (NFIHS), composition ⿰魚成)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 1471, character 28
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 46200
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 7, page 4686, character 3
- Unihan data for U+9BCE
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
Possibly originally a compound of 鵜 (u, “cormorant”) + 食い (kui, “eating, gobbling”).
鯎 (hiragana うぐい, katakana ウグイ, rōmaji ugui, historical hiragana うぐひ)
- the Japanese dace, also known as the big-scaled redfin: Tribolodon hakonensis, an edible fish in family Cyprinidae
As with many terms that name organisms, this term is often spelled in katakana in biological contexts, as ウグイ.