- To plant, sow (seed or plants)
- 정원에 사과나무를 심다 (jeongweone sagwanamuleul simda)
- plant an apple tree in a garden
- To plant, implant, instill, inculcate (a thought or a sentiment)
- 나는 학생들에게 올바른 사상을 심어 주려고 했다 (naneun hagsengdeulege olbaleun sasangeul simeo juleogo hetda)
- I tried to inculcate a right thought in [my] student
- To plant (a person) secretly as a spy
If in which objects or ideas are planted is people, this word usually is used with 주다 (juda, “to give”). And if where objects are planted is a place, it usally used with 놓다 (nota, “to set”).