- IPA(key): [kodik]
- Hyphenation: ko‧dik
- (verb suffix) Added to a noun or adjective to form a verb. Most of the time it means to behave as. The derived verb may have a pejorative meaning.
- majom (“monkey”) → majomkodik (“to behave as a monkey”)
- (verb suffix) Added to a verb to form a reflexive verb.
- ruház (“to clothe, dress”) → ruházkodik (“to clothe oneself”)
- (verb suffix) Variants:
- -kodik is added to back vowel words
- -kedik is added to unrounded front vowel words
- -ködik is added to rounded front vowel words
- -akodik is added to back vowel words
- -ekedik is added to unrounded front vowel words