Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: calypso
- (UK) enPR: ku̇lĭpʹsō, IPA(key): /kəˈlɪp.səʊ/
- (US) enPR: kəlĭpʹsō, IPA(key): /kəˈlɪp.soʊ/
- Rhymes: -ɪpsəʊ
- (Greek mythology) A sea nymph who entertained Odysseus on her island, Ogygia, for seven years.
- (astronomy) The eighth moon of Saturn.
- (astronomy) Short for 53 Kalypso, a main belt asteroid; not to be confused with the Saturnian moon mentioned above.
- Alternative letter-case form of
- Obsolete spelling of (used in Portugal until September 1911 and died out in Brazil during the 1920s).