Proto-Celtic is a hypothetical language. Words and roots in Proto-Celtic are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, Proto-Celtic should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Proto-Celtic.
- Category:cel-pro:All topics: Proto-Celtic words categorized by subject.
- Category:Proto-Celtic morphemes: Morphemes used to form Proto-Celtic words.
- Category:Proto-Celtic parts of speech: Proto-Celtic terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Celtic etymologies: Proto-Celtic terms categorized by their origins.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Celtic: Words derived from Proto-Celtic in various languages.
- Category:Requests (Proto-Celtic): Proto-Celtic entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:Proto-Celtic templates: Proto-Celtic templates with predefined content for similar functions.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
Pages in category "Proto-Celtic language"
This category contains only the following page.