- (US) IPA(key): /ˈkoʊpənˌheɪɡən/, /ˈkoʊpənˌhɑɡən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌkəʊpənˈheɪɡən/, /ˌkəʊpənˈhɑːɡən/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪɡən
- The capital city of Denmark.
- One of the former counties of Denmark.
- A community in Louisiana.
- A children's game in which one player is enclosed by a circle of others holding a rope.
- Norwegian Bokmål: Copenhagen
Copenhagen (plural Copenhagens)
From English Copenhagen, the English name of the capital of Denmark, from Danish København (“Copenhagen”), from Old Danish Køpmannæhafn (“Copenhagen”), literally meaning "merchants' port", from Old Norse Kaupmannahǫfn (“Copenhagen”), with the same meaning.
- Copenhagen (an unincorporated community in Caldwell Parish, Louisiana, United States)
- Copenhagen (a village in Denmark, Lewis County, New York, United States)
- Copenhagen (a community in Malahide, Elgin County, Ontario, Canada)
- Alternative form of