Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The dispersion of the Jews from the land of Israel.
- 1996, Gal Allon, Allon Gal, Jerold S. Auerbach, Envisioning Israel: The Changing Ideals and Images of North American Jews, page 151:
- According to the still common Israeli definition of a Zionist as one who views the Diaspora negatively and considers the settlement of Jews in Israel as essential, the vast majority of American Jews would not be considered Zionists.
- (collective) The Jews so dispersed.
- (by extension) A similar dispersion.
- (similar dispersion): In this sense the term is frequently qualified, for example as “the African Diaspora”.
dispersion of a group of people — see diaspora
Diaspora f (genitive Diaspora, plural Diasporas)
- Diaspora in Duden online