Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (usually science fiction) An inhabitant of the planet Earth.
- 1956, Dick, Philip Kindred, The World Jones Made, page 198:
- And beyond that, the most important equipment of all: the manufacturing units that processed the Earthpeople's food.
- 1974, Newlove, Donald, The Drunks, page 140:
- My last act as an earthperson, she says, was t' snatch off my landlawd's glasses and punch and punch 'im in the nose.
- “Earthperson” in Jeff Prucher, editor, Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction, Oxford; New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 2007, →ISBN, page 47.
- earthperson n. at the OED Science Fiction Citations Project