Gascon (plural Gascons)
- A native or inhabitant of Gascony, a region of southwest France. [from 14th c.]
- I am a Gascoine, and there is no vice wherein I have lesse skill: I hate it somewhat more by complexion, than I accuse it by discourse.
- 1948, ‘The New Pictures’, Time, 1 Nov.:
- Gene Kelly plays D'Artagnan as an irrepressible, tongue-in-cheek Gascon who is knee-deep in gory swordplay.
- (obsolete) A braggart; a bully.
Gascon (not comparable)
- The dialect of the Occitan language spoken in Gascony.
- Gascon person