Gascon (plural Gascons)
- A native or inhabitant of Gascony, a region of southwest France. [from 14th c.]
- I am a Gascoine, and there is no vice wherein I have lesse skill: I hate it somewhat more by complexion, than I accuse it by discourse.
- 1948, ‘The New Pictures’, Time, 1 Nov.:
- Gene Kelly plays D'Artagnan as an irrepressible, tongue-in-cheek Gascon who is knee-deep in gory swordplay.
- (obsolete) A braggart; a bully.
Gascon (not comparable)
- The dialect of the Occitan language spoken in Gascony.
- Gascon person
- A surname, most associated with:
- Chito Gascon, chairman of the Commission on Human Rights from 2016 to present
According to data collected by Forebears in 2014, Gascon is the 702nd most common surname in the Philippines, occurring at 13,340 individuals.