From English Gollum, the character in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, "to whom this shark bears some resemblance in form and habits." See more on Wikipedia: Slender smooth-hound § Taxonomy and phylogeny.
- (genus): Eukaryota - superkingdom; Animalia - kingdom; Bilateria - subkingdom; Deuterostomia - infrakingdom; Chordata - phylum; Vertebrata - subphylum; Gnathostomata - infraphylum; Chondrichthyes - superclass; Elasmobranchii - class; Selachimorpha - superorder; Carcharhiniformes - order; Pseudotriakidae - family
- (genus): Gollum attenuatus (slender smooth-hound), Gollum suluensis (Sulu gollumshark) - described species; white-marked gollumshark - undescribed species
- Gollum (genus) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Gollum on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Gollum on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
A fictional character from J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth. In the story, he was originally known as Sméagol and later named Gollum after his habit of making "a horrible swallowing noise in his throat".
Gollum (plural Gollums)
- A person who bears the traits or has the characteristics of Gollum in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth.
- To act like Gollum, the fictional character.
- 2005 April 28, Julian Love God, “X-Roasting”, in alt.zen, Usenet, message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
- Mike Biggins Gollumed...
- "After a few years it still amazes me that there are so many egocentric 'facilitators' trying to pass 'enlightenment' to the uneducated via Apz... but... APZ is MINE, it's MY PRECIOUS!"
- And it came to pass that he spent his life festering in the cayons and caves of his own poisoned min(es)d!