Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ionick (obsolete)
- Rhymes: -ɒnɪk
Ionic (not comparable)
- of or relating to Ionia or the Ionians
- (architecture) of an order of classical Greek architecture whose distinguishing feature is a capital with spiral volutes.
- (printing, dated) Of or relating to a kind of heavy-faced type.
of or relating to Ionia or the Ionians
- A sub-dialect of the Attic-Ionic dialectal group of Ancient Greek consisting of Old Ionic and New Ionic.
Ionic (plural Ionics)
- (poetry) A four-syllable metrical unit of light-light-heavy-heavy (‿ ‿ — —) that occurs in Ancient Greek and Latin poetry.