Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: mrť
MRT (plural MRTs)
- (sciences) Initialism of magnetic resonance tomography.
- (computing) Initialism of malicious (software) removal tool.
- (Singapore English, transport) Initialism of Mass Rapid Transit. Fast-moving modern train that transports commuters from one station to another across Singapore.
2000, Jian Zhao, J. Nicholar Shirlaw & Rajan Krishnan, Tunnels and Underground Stuctures, page 32:
- After several years of study, the Government of Singapore in 1982 decided to implement a comprehensive mass rapid transit (MRT) system.
2008 September 25, Angela Albanese, bus570 fall 08: The Mass Rapid Transit (MRT):
- The origins of the MRT are derived from a forecast by city planners in 1967 which stated the need for a rail based urban transportation system.
2015 December 11, Feily Sofian & Esther Hoon, The Edge Property: The impact of MRT on property prices:
- Bukit Panjang residents will soon enjoy a shorter commuting time to town when Singapore’s latest MRT line, the Downtown Line 2 (DTL2), commences operations on Dec 27.
- (Singapore English) Commonly used in speech, television media and print media. Recognized in official contexts. Not used with plural -s .
- (magnetic resonance tomography): MRI