Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: norse
- (General American) enPR: nôrs, IPA(key): /noɹs/, [no̞ɹs]
Audio (US) (file)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /nɔːs/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)s
- (without the horse–hoarse merger)
- Of or relating to the people, language and culture of Scandinavia.
- Of or relating to the North Germanic group of languages.
of North Germanic languages
Norse pl (plural only)
- The collective Scandinavian (historically Norwegian) people.
- Speakers of any of the North Germanic languages.
speakers of any North Germanic language
- Synonym of
The ancient language spoken by Vikings