Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) enPR: nôrs, IPA(key): /nɔɹs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /nɔːs/
Audio (US) (file)
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)s
- Of, or relating to the people, language and culture of Scandinavia.
- Of, or relating to the North Germanic group of languages.
of North Germanic languages
- A collective term for Scandinavian (historically Norwegian) people.
- Speakers of any of the North Germanic languages.
- The ancient language spoken by Vikings, from which modern Scandinavian languages are derived. Icelandic is the most closely related modern version, having changed little due to Iceland's linguistic isolation.
speakers of any North Germanic language
The ancient language spoken by Vikings