Acronym of original female character.
OFC (plural OFCs)
- (fandom slang) A female original character.
1999 June 21, Alice in Stonyland [username], “Re: The Ultimate Mary Sue--A Recommendation”, in alt.tv.highlander.creative, Usenet:
- I strongly dislike the idea of calling one of my OFCs "Mary Sue". It's too negative a connotation, and one that I try diligently to avoid.
1999 September 28, Sigrid H., “NEW: Wonder Of Wonders/speechification/Laura/Karmen”, in alt.startrek.creative.erotica.moderated, Usenet:
- OTOH, if an OFC or OMC is written to further the story, well, if you can make me believe it, congratulations.
2002 February 25, Jette Goldie, “Re: JMS and Scriptwriting for TV”, in alt.tv.highlander, Usenet:
- You try explaining that to most fanfic fans these days - the minute they see an OFC you get tarred as a "Mary Sue" and your stuff gets slagged all over the internet.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:OFC.
- Oceania Football Confederation