- A brand of adult magazines introduced in the United States.
the adult magazine
Playboy (plural Playboys)
- A Playboy magazine.
- Pertaining to a hedonistic philosophy and idealized women with exaggerated sexual characteristics.
- 1998, Jackie Collins, Power, page 34:
- "More Playboy than us." Salli giggled. "I know. Only joking. I've been on Playboy's cover three times. They adore me." She giggled again.
- 2001, Jesse Ventura, Do I Stand Alone?: Going to the Mat Against Political Pawns and Media Jackals, page 31:
- And when you take a Playboy interview, where they pump sound bites into the media, it all sounds much harsher than you intended.
- 2004, Inman Majors, Wonderdog, page 180:
- And ready to do something for the state too. / Do what? / Lead it, says Shade. / He couldn't lead a frat house across the street to the Playboy mansion.
- a. 2006, Timothy 'Speed' Levitch, "Wall Street: The Story of What Happened to Our Intimacy", in Alan Kaufman, The Outlaw Bible of American Essays, page 48
- There is more history of New York City in a Playboy centerfold than in the entire Encyclopedia of New York or any other academic study of the place.