Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

I removed "British" from the noun meaning, regarding an unplesant situation, as the term is used in the US fequently. But perhaps that was an error. In the US, there is a extroardinary negative connotation to this term. Also, it is more often a verb form, as in someone spinning the media, or spinning it for the ignorant public. Does the British meaning have these forms and connotations? --Connel MacKenzie 04:40, 10 May 2005 (UTC)

  1. I didn't realise you used this term in the US. I thought it was just British. I don't think I have heard it in the verb format you mentioned though. The noun is very common.

--Dmol 19:23, 10 May 2005 (UTC)

If you'd like to see dozens and dozens of examples of the verb form, search on the phrase "to spin the news". It's very common, at least in the US. Dvortygirl 22:19, 16 November 2006 (UTC)