Jump to navigation Jump to search
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.
What food or drink is this "whip"?
- 1994, Grace Livingston Hill, The City of Fire (page 29)
- It was not in his unyellow soul to go back on his word without refunding the money, and a dollar of it was already spent to the Chinese fund, to say nothing of sundaes and sodas and whips.
It should not be re-entered without careful consideration.
- For reference:
- Sense 12: "(informal, slang) Car; automobile".
- Sense 7: "(African American Vernacular) A mode of personal motorized transportation; an automobile, all makes and models including motorcycles, excluding public transportation."
- I agree with merging the two, into something simplified, e.g. "A personal motor vehicle, whether a car or a motorcycle." --Dan Polansky (talk) 07:46, 20 September 2017 (UTC)