User talk:Silent Sam
Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contribution so far. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard, the easiest way to do this is to copy exactly an existing page for a similar word.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words Wiktionary is interested in including. There is also a list of things that Wiktionary is not for a higher level overview.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- We have discussion rooms in which you can ask any question about Wiktionary or its entries, a glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Ah, you're back
- Ety for fourpenny nail and similar would be good. Did they originally cost that many pennies? No doubt. But where and when? Equinox ◑ 21:01, 26 June 2012 (UTC)
Thought you might like this
Sulking about sulcation :-)
Have one's hand in the till
You're welcome! — LlywelynII 03:02, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
This appendix and its alphabetic friends are going to be deleted soon. It's a poor collection that doesn't really belong in the dictionary, but it does have some use to you, as there remain a handful of valid red links on these pages that point out English idioms we still lack. If you're interested, please go through and note them down, or even move the appendices to your userspace if you don't want to deal with them soon. I'd appreciate it if one of your more talkative friends could inform me once you've taken whatever steps you wish to take. Cheers! —Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 04:32, 25 January 2016 (UTC)
- ^ This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- ^ Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.