Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Usonianism (uncountable), usonianism
- (rare) A custom, idea, or usage peculiar to the USA; a Usonian mentality; a preference for the USA and the ideas it represents
1995, Bruce-Novoa, “Through the Eye of the Condor: The Limitless Horizons of Literary Space”, in María Duke dos Santos, Patricia De la Fuente, editor, Sabine R. Ulibarrí, page 98:
- That Ulibarri sees the Ecuadorean Indian as too burdened by a tradition of dehumanizing servitude is perhaps more revealing of his deep-seated Usonianism than of the Indians' real character.
2003, José F. Buscaglia-Salgado, Undoing Empire: Race and Nation in the Mulatto Caribbean, page 22:
- Already in the early process of developing a Usonian nationalist ideology, or Usonianism, […]
- (rare) The philosophical ideal of Frank Lloyd Wright's Usonian architecture
1979, American Society for Environmental History, Environmental Review, page 21:
- Broadacres was the ultimate landscape combining the best of the cities and the country, organicism, decentralization and usonianism.
2002, April 15, “Frank Lloyd Wright's "Usonianism" Will Be Explored in Talk Sponsored by UB Art History Department”, in NewsCenter, State University of New York at Buffalo:
- "Usonianism," an architectural style that articulated Frank Lloyd Wright's social and economic principles of "usonian democracy," […]
ca 2008, Colorado Historical Society, Nomination of the Nelson House to the Colorado State Register of Historic Properties:
- Architect Frank Lloyd Wright pioneered Usonianism as the path to affordable modern residential architecture.
- (An idea or usage peculiar to the USA): Americanism
- (rare) Usonianist
- The Colorado Historical Society page describing Wrightian Usonianism. (Written some time after 2006 Aug 29. Accessed 2008 Sept 12)