Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: wachtel
Wachtel (plural Wachtels)
- A surname from German.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Wachtel is the 14636th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 2033 individuals. Wachtel is most common among White (95.33%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Wachtel”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 3, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN.
From Middle High German wachtel, wahtel, from Old High German wahtala, wahtila, from Proto-West Germanic *hwahtlā (“quail”).
Wachtel f (genitive Wachtel, plural Wachteln)
- (slang, derogatory) screw (i.e., prison guard)
Declension of Wachtel [feminine]
- English terms borrowed from German
- English terms derived from German
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- English countable proper nouns
- English surnames
- English surnames from German
- German terms inherited from Middle High German
- German terms derived from Middle High German
- German terms inherited from Old High German
- German terms derived from Old High German
- German terms inherited from Proto-West Germanic
- German terms derived from Proto-West Germanic
- German 2-syllable words
- German terms with IPA pronunciation
- German terms with audio links
- German lemmas
- German nouns
- German feminine nouns
- German slang
- German derogatory terms