|This is an archive page that has been kept for historical purposes. The conversations on this page are no longer live.|
- 1 August 2009
- 1.1 English to Dutch
- 1.2 Freedom
- 1.3 'no regrets' in punjabi
- 1.4 English to Hawaiian
- 1.5 Chouffe
- 1.6 Panther
- 1.7 for those i love i will sacrifice translate to ancient khmer script
- 1.8 English to Latin
- 1.9 this language to english
- 1.10 English to Arabic with English Pronunciation
- 1.11 Latin to English or Dutch
- 1.12 English to Hebrew
- 1.13 By His Grace in Sanskrit!
- 1.14 could someone please translate this sentence into aramaic(estrangelo script).thanx alot.
- 1.15 Khmer Script Translation
- 1.16 English to Hawaiian
- 1.17 English to ???
- 1.18 Kenyan
- 1.19 Two Phrases from English to Latin
- 1.20 Disposable Hero[]
- 1.21 More than just a number[]
- 1.22 english to latin
- 1.23 im getting a tattoo! i need help asap! please!
- 1.24 Краповый берет
English to Dutch
- A switcheroo is een plotselinge onverwachte switch. The old switcheroo refers to some sort of trick or scam, where the victim believes he is paying for and getting one thing, but the scammer pulls the "old switcheroo" and gives him something that is worthless. —Stephen 19:12, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
hi i had a tattoo designed in cambodia and have misplaced it but it had the word "free" written in Khymer as part of it, i wonder if you can send translate this again for me please?
'no regrets' in punjabi
can u write 'no regrets' in punjabi
I don't think there is a direct translation for the word 'regrets' but if you do find it out put it in the space and that will be the translation of it. Also because of the way of the Punjabi language works the direct translation will be "Have no regrets" as it won't make any sense if you use "no regrets". Hope I've helped, let me know if you need any more Punjabi translation, I am fluent in English, Punjabi and German and speak an ok-ish amount of Hindi and Urdu.
'Koi _____ nai hega"
English to Hawaiian
How do say, "Full Moon tonight" in Hawaiian?
- mahina o hoku keia po. —Stephen 23:09, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
Don't know if it's actually an existing word, but there's a beer brand named "La Chouffe" and the icon they show is this leprechaun. Does it actually mean something like kabouter or not? User:Mallerd (Zeg et es meisje) 00:18, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
In a dialect of Walloon? I'm quite amazed that you know that. Anyway, if you are a beer drinker: don't drink La Chouffe, I know I didn't like it. Thanks for the help! User:Mallerd (Zeg et es meisje) 08:59, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
I bought a new motorcycle. I want to name it Panther in another langaage besides panthera (spanish) or fahd(Arabic) can anyone help me?
- How about one of these?
- Cherokee: ᏢᏓᏥ (tlvdatsi)
- Chinese: 黑豹 (hēi bào)
- Croatian: pantera
- Danish: panter
- Dutch: panter
- Hebrew: פנתר (panter)
- Hungarian: feketepárduc
- Italian: pantera
- Korean: 흑표범 (heukpyobeom)
- Latvian: pantera
- Malay: harimau kumbang
- Navajo: náshdóítsoh
- Ojibwe: mishibizhii
- Scottish Gaelic: paindeal
- Serbian: пантер
- Swedish: panter
- Turkish: panter
- Vietnamese: báo đen (—Stephen 02:38, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- In Arabic script fahd (panther) is فهد. Also:
- Arabic: نمر أسود m (námir 'aswad)
In Japanese and Russian:
In Chinese, apart from the above:
for those i love i will sacrifice translate to ancient khmer script
who could translate these saying to ancient khmer script?
for those i love i will sacrifice..
AND COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE TRANSLATE IT INTO SPANISH AND ITALIAN????????
- Spanish: "Para los que amo, haré sacrificios". —Stephen 16:12, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
Italian: "Per quelli che amo, mi sacrificherei"
English to Latin
I was hoping to have a simple phrase translated to Latin. The phrase is:
"You and no other"
I know very little latin, only some common words and phrases. I assume it would be something like "Tu et..." but have no idea what 'no other' should be.
One translator I found said "Tu et haud alia" but I don't know that this is proper.
Can someone please help? I was hoping to have this engraved on some jewelry for my wife.
Thanks in advance. - 8 August 2009
- You and no other = Tu solum. —Stephen 13:45, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
this language to english
DOMI MINA NVS TIO ILLV MEA into english
- Was this written in two columns as follows?
DOMI MINA NVS TIO ILLV MEA
- —msh210℠ 18:50, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
- Latin: Dominvs illvminatio mea = The Lord is my light. —Stephen 13:34, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
English to Arabic with English Pronunciation
I would like to have the following translated into arabic, but with the english pronunciation...
Judge of Souls
Storm of Vengence
Cleanser of Evil
Shadow of Justice
Storm of Sorrows
I am working on a story and would very much appreciate these being translated into Arabic using script that english only readers can understand. Being an English only reader myself, I have become frustrated with the translators that put it in Arabic script an do not give english letter/pronunciations for them.
- Here's my attempt, I am not a native speaker, wait or seek confirmation!:
- Judge of Souls
- قاض النفوس qaaDin an-nufuus
- Storm of Vengence
- عاصفة الثأر `aaSifat ath-tha'r
- Cleanser of Evil
- مطهر الشر maTahar ash-sharr m
- Shadow of Justice
- ظل العدل Zal al-`adl
- Dark Retribution
- الجزاء الظلام al-jazaa' aDH-DHalaam
- Storm of Sorrows
- عاصفة الأحزان `aaSifat al-'aHzaan Anatoli 04:43, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
Latin to English or Dutch
- Deep are the wounds that civil strife inflicts. —Stephen 13:26, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- It refers to the right hand which is raised in civil strife or civil war. —Stephen 21:08, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
English to Hebrew
Can somebody translate the phrase "We do not know what is round the corner" and "faith not fear" into Hebrew????
By His Grace in Sanskrit!
I need a translation that shows the sanskrit calligraphy for "by His grace" or else they won't let me in the navy! SERIOUSLY!!!
for thous i love i will sacrifice
english to bangla
could someone please translate this sentence into aramaic(estrangelo script).thanx alot.
I BELONG TO YESHI
Khmer Script Translation
Hello, I am looking to have the Lords Prayer,translated into Khmer Script, so I can have it tattooed onto myself. I have made numerous requests to firstname.lastname@example.org to use their translation services, but they have yet to send me an invoice. This is extremely important to me and I am hoping you can help me. If you do offer your services, please send me an invoice for how much you charge to translate the prayer into Khmer script. Below is the prayer I am trying to get translated and my email address. I hope you can help and I will patiently await your response. Thank You-
" Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen."
Michelle Wellington [e-mail and phone number redacted]
- There is an image of it at http://www.christusrex.org/www1/pater/JPN-khmer.html —Stephen 18:40, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
English to Hawaiian
I want to get a tattoo of the phrase,
Give life, love, and hope
In Hawaiian but want to make sure I get it right before plastering it on my body.
This is what I am finding... Ha'awi ho, ola, aloha, mana'olana
Is that right?
English to ???
please translate the word "crotch" to pigeon english.
- Pidgin means a somewhat simple form of a language, since said language is not spoken by the speakers of the pidgin form. Anyhow, which one do you want? In other words, what area do you believe your pidgin English comes from? User:Mallerd (Zeg et es meisje) 22:28, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
what is the word in kenyan for grandmother
- Over 70 languages are spoken in Kenya. One language of Kenya, for example, is Swahili. In Swahili, grandmother is nyanya or bibi. —Stephen 17:51, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
Two Phrases from English to Latin
I am looking for help in two translations from English into Latin:
More than just a number[]
A friend started "The Disposable Hero" project in support of the Wounded Warrior program. The motto is: "More than just a number."
I want to have these phrases translated to have them tattooed on my chest and back.
Can anyone help me with these translations?
english to latin
- Cor meum furatus est or Cor mihi furatus est. The uſer hight Bogorm converſation 06:59, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
im getting a tattoo! i need help asap! please!
how can i say 'love' in khmer script?
- I'll let someone else answer, but in the mean time let me introduce you to Hanzi Smatter. Bendono 08:22, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- Love in Khmer is: សេចក្ដីស្រឡាញ់ (you probably will need Microsoft Vista to see the script correctly) —Stephen 08:39, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- краповый берет, not capitalized. Yes, an entry would be good, but I am not sure what we call them in English. I don’t remember seeing anything about them in American newspapers or magazines, so it is difficult to make a good article about them. —Stephen 12:34, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
red beret? CMEHalverson 15:41, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
Hm, it seemed that wikipedia did have w:red beret the Russian special forces mentioned. So..unfortunately, wiktionary doesn't have red beret. User:Mallerd (Zeg et es meisje) 16:39, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
- Literally, краповый берет means crimson beret, but I do not think that we would not call a special-forces unit that. More likely is maroon beret, but even that does not seem to be a standardized name in English for the краповый берет. Mayby "krapovy berets" is a better translation. —Stephen 00:23, 28 September 2009 (UTC)