Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A true numerical majority, more than 50% of the items being counted.
- The idea of an absolute majority is somewhat ambiguous, sometimes simply meaning a majority of the vote total and sometimes a majority of all eligible voters.
- superminority, qualified minority, plurality, relative majority, simple majority, qualified majority, supermajority
>50% of the counted item, esp. votes
- absolute majority at OneLook Dictionary Search
- “absolute majority”, in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
- “absolute majority”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- “absolute majority” (US) / “absolute majority” (UK) in Macmillan English Dictionary.
- “absolute majority” in the Cambridge English Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.