Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive, intransitive) kindle
- (transitive, intransitive) inflame
- (transitive, intransitive, of an internal combustion engine) ignite
- (~ ar) grate on
adhain f (genitive singular adhaine)
- Alternative form of
|Radical||Eclipsis||with h-prothesis||with t-prothesis|
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.|
- "adhain" in Foclóir Gaeilge-Béarla, An Gúm, 1977, by Niall Ó Dónaill.
- C. Marstrander, E. G. Quin et al., editors (1913–76), “ad·annai”, in Dictionary of the Irish Language: Based Mainly on Old and Middle Irish Materials, Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, →ISBN
- Entries containing “adhain” in New English-Irish Dictionary by Foras na Gaeilge.