Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈd͡ʒɝn/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈdʒɜːn/
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive) To postpone.
- The trial was adjourned for a week.
- (transitive) To defer; to put off temporarily or indefinitely.
- It is a common practice […] to adjourn the reformation of their lives to a further time.
- (intransitive) To end or suspend an event.
- The court will adjourn for lunch.
- (intransitive, formal, uncommon) To move as a group from one place to another.
- After the dinner, we will adjourn to the bar.
to end or suspend an event
to move from one place to another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.