Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To delay or put off an event, appointment etc.
- Synonyms: defer, delay, forestay, procrastinate, put off, put on ice, stay, suspend, posticipate
- Antonyms: advance, hasten, prepone (India), antedate, bring forward, expedite
- 2020 December 2, Industry Insider, “The costs on cutting carbon”, in Rail, page 76:
- Significant rail projects have been mothballed before in the face of changed circumstances - in particular, the LNER Woodhead project which was postponed due to wartime conditions and not revived until 1948, as money became available after nationalisation.
to delay or put off an event