Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Aliyah
- (Judaism, countable) The calling up of someone to the bimah for the reading of the Torah.
- (uncountable) The immigration of Jews to Israel.
- (countable) One of the major waves of immigration of Jews to Israel.
- The plural used for the "wave of immigration" sense is almost exclusively aliyot.
immigration of Jews to Israel
- (intransitive, rare) To make aliyah, to immigrate to Israel.
- 2004 February 13, Paul Abelest, “Why Zionists love anti-Semitism”, in soc.culture.israel, Usenet:
- Anti-Semitism is a method of fooling Jews into aliyahing to Israel, the homeland, the sanctuary, in the pretence they will be safe. In the last 50 years how many Jews have died in Israel as a result of anti Jewish attacks....and how many have died in the diaspora?