Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Almighty
- (sometimes postpositive) Unlimited in might; omnipotent; all-powerful; irresistible.
- I am the Almighty God. — Gen. 17, 1.
- (slang) Great; extreme; terrible.
2012 May 21, Tom Fordyce, “England v West Indies: Hosts cruise home in Lord's Test”, in BBC Sport:
- When Jonathan Trott and Kevin Pietersen both went cheaply inside the first hour on the fifth day, a further 134 were needed and there was a genuine sense that an almighty upset might just come off.
- Having very great power, influence, etc.
- The almighty press condemned him without trial
- 2007, Richard Laymon, Savage, page 203:
- I stepped into the clear, rushing water. It was almighty cold!
unlimited in might
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.