Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having equal ability in both hands; in particular, able to write equally well with both hands.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Thomas Browne to this entry?)
- Equally usable by left-handed and right-handed people (as a tool or instrument).
- Practising or siding with both parties.
- (humorous) Of a person, bisexual.
- Exceptionally skillful; equally adept in more than one medium, genre, style, etc.
Michelangelo was a very ambidextrous artist, producing sculptures and frescoes with equal ability.
having equal ability in both hands