Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of or pertaining to one who uses his or her left hand in preference to, or more skillfully than, his or her right.
- Intended to be worn on, or used by, the left hand.
- Turning or spiraling from right to left; anticlockwise.
- Awkward or maladroit.
- Left-handed people, taken as a whole.
1992, Antonio E. Puente & Robert J. McCaffrey, Handbook of Neuropsychological Assessment, ISBN 0306439409, page 147:
- Evidence contradicting this principle came from a study of epileptic patients by Penfield and Roberts (1959) who found that dysphasia following surgery on the right hemisphere was not significantly more frequent in the left-handed than in the right-handed.
preferring the left hand over the right