Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Using their right hand in preference to, or more skillfully than, their left.
- (not comparable) Intended to be worn on, or used by, the right hand.
- (not comparable) Turning or spiralling from left to right; clockwise.
- (physics) Of a particle for which the direction of its spin is the same as the direction of its motion.
- Of a coordinate system: following the right-hand rule.
right-handed pl (plural only)
- Right-handed people, taken as a whole.
- 1992, Antonio E. Puente & Robert J. McCaffrey, Handbook of Neuropsychological Assessment, →ISBN, page 147:
- Evidence contradicting this principle came from a study of epileptic patients by Penfield and Roberts (1959) who found that dysphasia following surgery on the right hemisphere was not significantly more frequent in the left-handed than in the right-handed.
of one who uses their right hand in preference to, or more skillfully than their left.