Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act, or result of amplifying, enlarging, extending or adding.
- (physics) The act, or result of independently increasing some quantity, especially voltage, power or current.
- (electronics) Gain.
- (genetics) The using of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for isolating and exponentially amplifying a fragment or sequence of DNA.
- (organic chemistry) A procedure used in the nomenclature of complex organic compounds in which the superatoms of a basic structure (a phane) are replaced by cyclic structures (amplificants).
result of amplifying
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- amplification in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- amplification in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
amplification f (plural amplifications)