Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act, or result of amplifying, enlarging, extending or adding.
- (physics) The act, or result of independently increasing some quantity, especially voltage, power or current.
- (electronics) Gain.
- (genetics) The using of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for isolating and exponentially amplifying a fragment or sequence of DNA.
- (organic chemistry) A procedure used in the nomenclature of complex organic compounds in which the superatoms of a basic structure (a phane) are replaced by cyclic structures (amplificants).
- (translation studies) A translation technique that involves adding content that is not present in the source text to the target text, usually to improve the fluency of the translation.
result of amplifying
in organic chemistry
in translation studies
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- amplification in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- amplification in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911
amplification f (plural amplifications)
- amplification (all senses)