Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- translatioun (obsolete)
- (uncountable) The act of converting or translating (text from one language to another).
- (countable) The end result of translating text.
- (physics) Translation of forces in a gearbox.
- (countable, mathematics, physics) Motion of a body on a linear path, without deformation or rotation, i.e. such that every part of the body moves at the same speed and in the same direction; also (in physics), the linear motion of a body considered independently of its rotation.
- (genetics) A process occurring in the ribosome, in which a strand of messenger RNA (mRNA) guides assembly of a sequence of amino acids to make a protein.
act of translating between languages
result of translating between languages
of forces in a gearbox
math, physics: motion without deformation or rotation
genetics: process for producing proteins
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
translation f (plural translations)
- translation (in mathematics and physics)
Declension of translation