Jump to navigation Jump to search
annihilationist (plural annihilationists)
- A person who believes in annihilationism: that eternal punishment is the annihilation of both the body and the soul.
- A person who advocates or practices annihilationism (the annihilation of a group): an eliminationist.
person who believes that eternal punishment is the annihilation of both the body and the soul
- Advocating annihilationism; advocating the annihilation of a group of people.
- Synonym: eliminationist
- 2010, Elhanan Yakira, Post-Zionism, Post-Holocaust: Three Essays, →ISBN, page 36:
- This negation has sometimes been no less “annihilationist” than classical anti-Semitism, because, at least potentially, it serves to justify the elimination of the State of Israel.
- 2014, Waitman Wade Beorn, Marching into Darkness, →ISBN:
- At times, though, his more economic approach to Jewish policy conflicted with the more annihilationist bent of the SS.